Welcome to Foundation Year.
We aim to provide a stimulating and rich curriculum where each child can flourish in a caring environment which promotes effective learning and development. This curriculum is based on six key areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
Many of the activities which the children undertake are initiated by them – often making use of areas like our home corner and writing area – while they are also regularly involved in whole class, group and individual tasks.
Find out what Early Years Foundation Stage are studying over the year:
Foundation Year Blog
This half term, the children in FYS and FYJ have enjoyed:
- Learning to play together (building blocks, babies, tig and tag)
- Learning to count to 20
- Drawing, sticking and painting
- Knowing letters from a-k
(FY and Y5&6 completing their charity fundraising events)
Thank you to all who sent in their Lenten Charitable donations – at the final count we have raised £2355.
The Charities that we have supported this year will each receive:
- Father Hudson’s Society- requested by Archbishop Bernard £588.75
- Cafod £588.75
- Cancer research ( children’s Choice) £588.75
- St Giles Hospice (children’s Choice) £588.75
Well done to everyone for your fantastic Lenten efforts!!
We have recently taken part in a prayer project, along with Bishop Walsh, Holy Cross and St Nicholas’ Schools. Each house group had a different theme to write a prayer about. Read our selection of prayers and look out for our Academy Prayer, produced by a selection of students from each school.